The CaReMe transformation journey begins with an initial “homework” at your desk (Step 0) and working with you Core Team later, (Step 1) defining:
- WHY: The Vision that drives this transformation
- WHAT: The main Goals you aim to achieve, typically starting from the needs or “pain points” identified during clinical practice (i.e. in general, referring to improving outcomes by implementing the building blocks of the integrated interdisciplinary model of care as proposed by the CaReMe Global Alliance)
- To WHOM: The Specific Population of patients you are targeting
- From WHERE: The Local Epidemiology and outcomes and the Current Pathways of Care, including unmet needs, inefficiencies, etc. (i.e. the Problem)
- To WHERE: The Ideal/Desired Pathways of Care that should address the main defined goals
- With WHO: The Internal and External Stakeholders mapping (i.e. team approach)
- WHEN: The Timelines
- HOW: The Structured Plan to achieve your Goals
Although we generally follow a sequential step-by-step approach, the reality is that the thought process will be more “circular”; with the need to go back and forth across the different steps and tasks, to integrate new information and insights from different members of the team, as well as identifying opportunities, assess the actual feasibility, and ensure consistency across the overall plans.
Dedicate enough time (probably a few hours every time) where you (and, later on, together with your core team) can concentrate without other distractions. This is not an exercise that can be done while answering to other calls. Also, be mindful that it may, easily, take a few weeks or so to get ready and to engage your broader team –so be prepared for this.